Thursday 15 January 2009

Random Thoughts from New York

1)  On average, people in New York seem vastly friendlier than people in London.  They don't try to push ahead of you in line.  They open doors.  They say please and thank you and engage in friendly small talk.  They keep their music to themselves.  No doubt my perception is colored by the fact that I live in the equivalent of the Bronx in London.  But I think it's an accurate generalization nonetheless.

2)  I like cold weather much better when it's snowing.

3)  The financial crisis is definitely hitting big law firms.  One of our chief rivals just laid off nearly 10% of their lawyers in London.  If it came to that at my firm, I can't help but think that my practice area and expat package wouldn't exactly help me.

4)  I miss my little family!

No comments: