Friday 26 September 2008

Random Thoughts From Boston

1)  The Chipyard at Quincy Market makes some pretty fine chocolate chip cookies.  Like homemade.
 
2)  I think I sat next to about the most hyperactive 10-year-old imaginable on the flight over here.  Seven hours of repeatedly standing up, sitting down, fiddling with everything fiddle-able, periodically watching what I was doing, shaking his sister's seat (in front of him), etc.
 
3)  Going back to the Star Market supermarket in Porter Square reminded me very much of my early time in Cambridge.  I suppose the weekly routine of going to the supermarket may have been about the most consistent and uniform activity I participated in during law school.
 
4)  Pet peeve: when people confidently give you wrong directions.  (I never trust them anyway and end up using a map.)
 
5)  Shopping list from Star Market: 3x Crispix, 2x Lucky Charms, 2x Fruity Pebbles, 2x Crunch Berries, 1x Peanut Butter Crunch, 1x Reese's Peanut Butter Puffs, 1x Kix, 2x Cheese Nips, 2x Wheat Thins, 1x Austin Cheese and Peanut Butter Crackers (for old times' sake), 1x Triscuits, 1x Ritz Toasted Chips (cheese flavor), 1x some random multi-grain cheese snack.  Might still have some room in the suitcase for a run on CVS tomorrow.
 
6)  I hope the two LDS interviewees on the slate tomorrow have good grades.
 
7)  I've only been doing the minimal amount necessary to be non-negligent as a board member of the World Foundation for Asia recently.  Meeting up with two of the other board members rekindled the fire (for now, at least).

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a good trip. Particularly the grocery list. It's making me drool... time for breakfast!

e said...

I like random thought posts. I'll try not to eat all your cereal.

David said...

Only British cereal for you! View it as a novelty. :)

Aaron Clark said...

I suppose it was too much for me to hope that you'd make a stop at Dunkin Donuts.

David said...

I actually did stop at Dunkin Donuts. But (true to form) I just got a breakfast bagel and a hot chocolate.