Sunday 23 November 2008

Baby Sophie Goes to Church

Today was Sophie's first big outing, after a morning of very light snowfall.  She went to church (although only for sacrament meeting).  And she even made it to the pulpit -- twice!  It was our Primary presentation today, and Nathali (as 2nd counselor in the Primary presidency) opened up the presentation with Sophie in her arms.  And then I happened to be holding Sophie when it came time for me to say a few words at the end of the presentation, so I brought her up with me, too.
 
She was pretty calm and alert for most of the meeting, which meant I could listen to the Primary kids while I stared dotingly at my little Sophie.  The Primary kids did really well.  Nobody got too nervous.  Even the funny moments weren't all that unusual, like "this is the end of my talk" and "Doctor & Covenants" (apparently the Primary president told the kids to say it this way because some of them couldn't say "doctrine").

1 comment:

e said...

Ha. That explains why so many said "doctor" then.