Saturday 22 November 2008

Mawidge Is What Bwings Us Togewer Today

I performed a marriage today.  There were about 100 guests, mostly from the bride's side.  They probably wondered why the bride chose an American guy in a suit with a big zit on his nose to perform the ceremony.
 
(As a side note, a couple of years ago I was teaching a Primary -- Sunday school -- class to a group of kids aged 8-12.  An 11 year old girl asked how old I was.  I told her I was 29.  She said, "I'm surprised -- you look a lot younger!"  I replied, "Thank you!"  She then added, "You know why?  Because you have so many spots [zits] on your face.")
 
It was a nice ceremony.  One of the people on the program didn't show up, but we worked around that.  Mostly it was nice to see two young people make a commitment to each other.

No comments: